PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ARTICLES AND SEND TO royal_database@yahoo.com

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dvořák Anyone?

"I am a simple Czech musician" - This was how Antonin Dvořák (often pronounced in English as DVOR-zhak) always described himself when asked what he does for a living. To me, he is one of the greatest musician of all time. There is a reason why his music is still played and listened to this day a century after his death. His music is simply beautiful and powerful.

I was introduced to Dvořák's music when I was invited to see a concert in Carnegie Hall in 1997. It was Miklos Perenyi performing with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra. Miklos Perenyi played Dvořák's Cello Concerto in B Minor that night. When I heard it, I instantly became a Dvořák fan.

I love Dvořák's music so much that even my ringtone is a Dvořák: Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E Minor (watch video below to get an idea of how my ringtone sounds like). Everyone in my office loves my Dvořák ringtone. They say it is very beautiful and unique! They have never heard such a ringtone before. Check it out. Maybe you'll become a Dvořák fan yourself.

Who is your favorite musician?


Dvořák's Slavonic Dance No. 2 in E Minor performed by Itshak Perlman and Yo-Yo Ma with Seiji Ozawa conducting.



Dvořák's Cello Concerto in B Minor performed by Yo-Yo Ma with the New York Philharmonic Orchestra with Kurt Masur conducting. (Note: This is only part 1. If you want to watch the rest, please go to Youtube and do a search for this piece.)

No comments: