PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ARTICLES AND SEND TO royal_database@yahoo.com

Sunday, October 26, 2008

I Don't Want To Miss A Thing

“I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch your smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away and dreaming.

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure.”

These are some of the lines from a song with the same title and the soundtrack of the movie Armageddon. No, I don’t have the charm of Ben Affleck but perhaps the heart of Bruce Willis; a heart willing to sacrifice for the sake not of Liv Tyler but for the sake of the people I love – my family.

Many times I felt that the spirit of Steven Tyler lives in me while belting the song’s high notes. Often times, tears swell in my eyes; not because of the song’s twisting notes but the song’s deepness in lyrics. Each line permeates my heart as if the lyrics speak for my heart, mind and soul.

My 2 months vacation in the Philippines was a vacation well spent. I put my writing into idle and turned down invitation from former office colleagues. Undivided attention that is; for my family who truly deserved it. So as not to miss a thing, I marked the date of my daughter’s school retreat, blocked all the dates my son will take an entrance exam, make sure that Friday nights are time well spent with my wife while Saturdays and Sundays are strictly for family affairs. I know everyday and time is ticking away. I just want to freeze the time and just stay at that moment for all the rest of time.

About a week before my departure, we strolled in Trinoma and went inside one of the KTV booths. With the song book in her hand, my wife keyed a song number selection in the videoke machine. There after; this song immortalized by Aerosmith, appears on the screen and the rest becomes a memory that I brought with me here in Saudi Arabia.

Truly every moment I spent with them is a moment I treasure for the rest of my life. I just hope that I didn’t miss a thing.

No comments: