PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE PROMOTE THIS LINK . . . MABUHAY MHSIANS!! PLEASE CONTRIBUTE ARTICLES AND SEND TO royal_database@yahoo.com

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

What Is A Father To You?


They say a father is the foundation of every home.
A person that is supposed to be strong even when everything went wrong.
A person who must not show emotion when his child is sick,
Nor must allow his tears to roll down on his cheek.

When I was a child, I couldn’t understand my father’s ways.
He always questions and challenges everything that I say.
Not even a single chance that I was not disciplined by him.
Almost every time he kept on asking, “Son, what are you doing?”

Now, that I’m a father too, I realized what my father is up to.
That to discipline and reprimand a child produces wisdom and a sound mind.
Nowhere can life’s truth be more effectively taught,
Other than home to where I was brought.

As what the Lord God had said,
“My son, obey your father’s command and forget not your mothers teaching hand.
For it is in his goodness that he chose to feed you like a little bird in a nest.
Depart not from his teachings, for this will be your guide to discipline your own siblings.”

Now as a father to my own family,
I will impart to my children my wisdom endlessly.
I will teach my children to choose the right path, and from it never to depart.
So that when they grow older, good values they will forget not.

No comments: